Stuck in Winter...

It's definitely winter.  Let me clarify that.  There is no snow on the ground (which makes Nate and I very sad, since we once again got ski passes and this Maryland weather has decided to kill our hopes and dreams for skiing this season!), there is no real snow in the forecast, and it's semi-mild weather.  But it feels like winter.  In my heart...it feels like winter.

I have found myself feeling "blah" during this part of our wait.  I am not necessarily angry, sad, or disappointed that we haven't gotten our call yet, I am just "blah."  That "blah" feeling is like when you have been stuck in winter (those of us who grew up in Upstate New York have an entirely different definition of being "stuck in winter"), and you just want to experience that first warm day of Spring.  So you anticipate, you expect it to come, you start to get out your Spring clothes out, and you wait.  And you wait.  And you wait some more.  You know it's coming.  You just don't know when.

That is where we are at in this adoption process.  I have had a hard time blogging the past few weeks, mainly because I feel stuck in this "winter" season.  And while I know change will come, it's difficult to wait.  This morning I was reading Psalm 77 and it said this:

"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes I will remember your miracles of long ago (11)..
I will mediate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds (12)...
You are a God who performs miracles (14)...
What God is so great as our God (13)????
and then I read this...

 "YOUR PATH LED THROUGH THE SEA, YOUR WAY THROUGH THE MIGHTY WATERS THOUGH YOUR FOOTPRINTS WERE NOT SEEN (19)."

Wow.  I was reminded this morning that although we might be stuck in winter, Spring is coming.  Because the God of the changing seasons is the same God who performs miracles, who is unbelievably great, and whose footprints don't always need to be seen.  He has not left us to freeze this winter.  He is just preparing our hearts for Spring.

Comments

  1. I feel you! WE are also waiting for our referral. God knows the perfect timing!
    http://breakmyheart-ethiopianadoption.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...