Waiting Here For You...



Yesterday, Nate and I decided to spend some time cleaning our house. Our back bedroom has become somewhat of a disaster, due to my obsession with buying clothes at yard sales and consigning them at the local consignment store (I know it's weird, but it's money toward the adoption and I love it)! The back bedroom has also become a holding place for all the gifts that my family and friends have given us for the little ones to come. While know one knows the age or sex of of our children, because we are still waiting, it hasn't seemed to stop those who are close to us from picking things up for them. It's going to be a serious problem if we get two boys! They are going to be wearing A LOT of baby Roxy and will have to figure out how to rock out some sweet baby Uggs!

While I was working, I came across a pile of baby stuff that hadn't yet been put in the closet that I had picked up at a yard sale. There were two little onesies that said, "Light of dad's life, and apple of mom's life." To be honest, it was hard to fold those up and put them back in the closet as we continue to wait.

I have been thinking about this waiting process. It seems like we have been waiting a LONG time. I guess it doesn't matter if you are waiting for a situation to change in your life, waiting to meet the person you will marry, waiting to get a call for the job you want, waiting to know what college you should go to, or like me, waiting for your desire to have a family be fulfilled. Waiting is hard. And often, waiting for the things that we want most in life leave us questioning God and his plan for our life.

I ran across this song a couple of weeks ago that has seemed to stick in my head and really challenge my attitude as I wait for something to happen that I have absolutely not control over. My tendency is to complain that the waiting is too hard, that I don't have enough strength, and that my situation is never going to change. The words to this song say this, "If faith can move the mountains than let the mountains move. We come with expectation, waiting here for you. You're the Lord of all creation, and still you know my heart. You're the author of salvation, you've loved us from the start. Waiting here for you...with our hands lifted high in praise."

Here is where I have felt challenged. The God that I am deeply in love with, the God who I have given my life to, isn't a God who is distant. He is a God that knows my heart...my deepest desires...and he loves me. My response to that should only be one thing as I wait. To lift my hands in praise. I think I forget sometimes that he is faithful, that he has already written my story, and for that I can stand with my hands lifted high in praise. I want to wake up every day remembering that even on the days that seem darkest, that seem the hardest to wait, God is still faithful. His love for us hasn't change, and for that, we are called to praise him. So, as I continue to wait, even on the days I am folding little onesies, staring at a closet that continues to fill up for little ones across the world whom I haven't even met, dreaming and longing for my family, I will wait with arms stretched praising the God that has my story written, a God who is faithful, and who is more than worthy to be praised.

Comments

  1. Your faith is such an encouragment to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...