Updates from Honduras...

This summer has gone crazy fast.  As soon as we returned from Honduras, we immediately jumped in the car and headed to New Jersey and New Hampshire to do vacation with each of our families.  Both weeks seemed to fly by.  We returned late last Saturday night and jumped quickly back into youth ministry with a youth group beach trip to Ocean City for a couple of days.  It has been a whirlwind of a summer.

For those of you who read my recent post about our trip to Honduras, I wanted to update you with some amazing information about the little boy we met, Luis.  As I shared before, Nate and I were so taken by this little boy with a huge heart.  We wanted to know more about his story and his situation and were curious if there was anyway that we could help him.  The youth group from my Dad's church headed to Honduras a week or two after us, to finish our the project we had started.  It was really cool, because they actually got to work with many of the kids we had worked with.

Amy, who was one of our missionaries, as well as has become one of my good friends, sent me a message a couple of days into their trip.  She had inquired about Luis and his home situation, and found out some awesome news.  While he does have problems walking, he actually comes from a home where he is loved and taken care of!  So, apparently I was not given correct info, or I misunderstood the info.  While I feel incredibly dumb, I am so excited to hear this awesome news!  The news actually gets better too. The team from my Dad's church had the privilege of holding a baptism with many of the people we had spent time with at the tail end of their trip.  Little Luis got baptized!  I haven't heard all the details, but I saw the pictures and it brought tears to my eyes.  God is moving in Honduras is some incredible ways.

So, while Luis' story is much different than I had thought, and for that I am extremely grateful, he still hold such a piece of my heart.  Each day I wake up, I remember that little boy with the rain boots, living in the hills of Honduras, and I think about how big the love of God truly is.  Luis radiates the love of God, and because of that, my heart has been changed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...