We've Come A Long Way...

So I have to put a couple of disclaimers on this blog post.  One, it's been awhile since I have posted (thank you mommy-hood for making me tired at 9pm every night!) and two, while I try to be inspirational when I write, this post is NOT inspirational.  This is pure entertainment for everyone.  If you have had a bad day, week, or even year, this HAS to make you laugh!

They say kids grow up fast and now I officially know what they are talking about.  We have officially been home for over 2 months and Biruk is growing and changing faster than we could have ever imagined.  Tonight I watched him steal the show, yet again, at our volleyball game, crawling at lightening speeds and dancing with some moves that he could have only picked up in Ethiopia!  He has become animated in so many ways, babbles like crazy, gets into everything and eats like a champ.  He has already changed so much.

I still remember those first few hours in Ethiopia as "new parents," staring at this tiny child that in just a matter of days we would bring into a world that was completely different than his own.  He barely peeped, only army crawled on his belly, and seemed somewhat reserved.  We barely knew what to feed him, we knew next to nothing about raising a baby, and we were certainly diaper changing challenged.  To see exactly what I mean, check out our very first poopy diaper change:


Biruk isn't the only one who has changed over the past two months.  Thank goodness, we have too!  We have certainly come a LONG way!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...