The World Would Be A Better Place...

Several months back, my 8 year old niece Emma was asked to answer a prompt for a writing piece at school.  The prompt stated, "The World Would Be A Better Place If..."  When I was 8 years old I am pretty sure that my response would have included something along the lines of, "The world would be a better place if it was covered in cotton candy, or if every kid could ride their bike all day long, or if we could all have pet monkeys in our house."  Emma's response was far more thoughtful than anything I couldn't have come up with at 8.   In fact, her response was so thoughtful, it won an award for excellence at her school and in the county and eventually made it to the state level.  While I am beyond proud that Emma was chosen to represent her school for her writing, I am even more proud that I have a niece who is developing a compassionate heart for Jesus and a love for orphans and can't wait to see how God will continue to use her to make a difference in the world in the years to come.  I'm proud of you Emma Ingram!

The World Would Be A Better Place If . . .
By Emma Ingram
Grade 2



The world would be a better place if every kid was adopted.  My cousin is adopted from Africa and his name is Biruk.  It took him a long time to get to America and lots of flights. 

I was so happy when I first saw him. It took three years to fill out the paper work and get him to America. Biruk was only a couple months old. 

 Biruk is two years old now. When I see him he jumps up on me and he is so happy. I don’t get to see him a lot because he lives in Hagerstown. When he was in Africa he was in an orphanage because he did not have a home. When he was in the orphanage he slept with another kid in his crib and did not have a lot of room. Biruk did not have a good life in the orphanage because he could not go outside the orphanage. There were wild animal in his country so you had to be very careful. We had to pray for him to get to America carefully. 

Biruk’s name means “blessings” in Africa. I think the world would be a better if every kid was adopted because you can open a child’s heart or open a child’s life and their life can grow more. I don’t want a child to be in the dark, I want a child to have freedom and open their life up. When we open a child’s live up we’re a family. I love my cousin Biruk! 
          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia