Process Update...

It's been way too long since I have posted, so I thought it would be good to update everyone of where we are at. After a short and busy summer, we are finally back in the normal routine...if coaching Varsity Volleyball, working, teaching (for Nate), is called normal! We worked really hard to get our paper work done, as well as a bunch of training. Nate and I got fingerprinted, had the fire marshal come in, filled out forms on insurance, house information, and more. Then we had to read 4 books (one of which I will be blogging about, because it was awesome!), write summaries on each of the books, and do 8 hours of online training. We just finished the last book report last week and sent ALL of our stuff in. Now we will wait to hear from our social worker to set up a home study.

That being said...we have really just started this long process! But, we are so super excited. Within the past couple of weeks two of our friends that have been in the adoption process have received their referrals. My one friend April, has made me cry reading through their exciting process and receiving the best news in the world (if you want to check out her blog...and you will cry...in a good way...it's planaethiopia.blogspot.com). Hearing her journey has made me so excited for our little girl to come!

It's weird...I feel like we have a long ways to go, and at the same time, I probably feel the most peace I have felt throughout this whole journey. It's pretty amazing how God changes your heart through waiting.

Comments

  1. It will come someday! You may get to the point and wonder if this will ever happen BUT IT WILL!! And it'll be the best feeling in the world. Congrats on getting the paperwork mound completed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...