The Girl Effect

I think most people know, but Nate and I plan to adopt a little girl, as young as possible. That is our preference, but we would be so happy with a girl or a boy. When we first started talking, I asked Nate if he preferred a boy or a girl, and he said it really didn't matter. I have always wanted a little girl (I guess because I would love to dress her in little Roxy clothes and hope to teach her volleyball...very selfish reasons!). But months later, I came across this video on my friend's blog and it really sunk in how much of a difference one girl can make in the world. It's a pretty powerful video, so I hope you will take the time to watch it.

Comments

  1. Hi Andrea - I just started reading your blog and loved this video. Loved it. I also wanted to pass on some info to you about the Knock Foundation (http://www.knockfoundation.org/), an organization that was co-founded by our friend Michelle Kowalczyk. I wasn't sure if you had heard about them yet, and thought of them immediately as I was reading your posts.

    As a new mom to a little girl your story has really touched my heart and I am looking forward to following your journey to parenthood. We all go down a different road to get there. I love what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea and Nate! I just started following your blog and I love it! just watching this video about a girl reminds me of the rebellious 5th grade girl that everyone had given up on, a girl that had no clue of her self worth, a girl that received just a little investment but it made the world of difference! I know from experience You guys will do a wonderful Job as parents!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...