An Unexpected Blessing...

A couple of weeks ago, my sister Kristen had another yard sale for us. She made a chunk of change for us again, which we are forever indebted for! But that wasn't the greatest part. I was coming home from a meeting when I saw two missed phone calls, one from my sister and one from my mom. I also had a text from my Mom saying to call my sister as soon as I could. Naturally, the worrier I am, I thought for sure something was wrong. When I got my sister on the phone, she was super excited to tell me this story. She had been collecting things to sell for the yard sale from all of her friends and had an entire basement filled with items. One of her friends, whom we have known for a long time came by the house and brought a bunch of baby clothes to donate. That still wasn't the greatest part. While Kris and her were talking, her husband wrote a check for a large amount of money and gave it to us toward our adoption! When Kristen called and told me that, I couldn't believe that. We have a huge payment this week for 6,000, and this check would make a good dent in that. Nate and I just totally felt overwhelmed with love. We would have never expected that phone call, and just felt totally blessed. It's amazing how God pulls support together when you take a leap of faith. Thanks to those friends for being an incredible blessing in our life when needed. We love you guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia