My Dad Makes Me Smile...


I had wanted to post about this over the past couple of weeks, but coaching volleyball kind of had my life! Several months ago I read a book called "There's No Me Without You," by Melissa Fay Greene, as part of our adoption training. The book left my heart full of excitement for the adoption, and completely heart broken for the number of orphans in Ethiopia. After reading the book (at which every turn of the page I think i cried!) I just wanted to hop on the plane and go collect as many children in my arms as possible! The book is amazing, and I would recommend it to EVERYONE! My Dad loves to read, so I recommended the book to him. He finally purchased it and slowly got into it (it's like 500 pages!). Well, the other night he called me and said he was reading it on the plane ride to Boston. When he began to get off the plane, he said he started thinking about Nate and I getting off the plane with our new children and he just started crying! He became really excited. I guess I am posting about this, because my Dad means the world to me, and I can not wait until our kids meet their amazing Pop Pop one day. He inspires me to do good...to make a difference...and if it weren't for him, I would have never developed the deep love I have for children in third world countries. His passion for loving others and more importantly God, is contagious. And for that...I am grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia