Extraordinary God...


I know I just blogged recently and shared about some of the uncertainties we are facing with our adoption process, as well as the difficulty of understanding God sometimes. So, I had to share the coolest thing that happened this morning. Most of you know that my Mom created a "waiting box" for me. She asked 50 women that have played a role in my life to write a letter to share something with me during my waiting that would be encouraging. I get to open one every other week. Listen to some of what was in my letter today from a lady who knew me as a child...

"I remember a plaque my mother displayed in our home that read "God works in mysterious ways." When overwhelmed by disappointments, anxious thoughts, or seemingly impossible situations, Mom repeated those words with the absolute certainty that our faithful God would somehow work out his plan...I don't know where you are today in the adoption process but I encourage you to look for God to reveal himself in extraordinary ways....Remember, God views events from eternity's viewpoint, and the answer may come in an unexpected way...God has two precious children in Ethiopia waiting for the embrace of your loving, mothering arms. Hang in there. I will be praying for harmony to happen on both sides of the ocean."

How awesome is that! I totally felt like God put the perfect letter that I needed to read in my waiting box. That's because he is a God who cares and God who personally knows me. So thankful today.

Comments

  1. That God of ours...He's so good with sending the perfect message at the perfect time! : )
    Love and prayers- April W. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR SHARING! Those wise words reach beyond your heart and waiting and have stepped into mine too! :) This post blesses me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praising how awesome HE is!!!!
    thanks for the manna for this day! :)
    peace to you dear sister!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...