8 Months Down...


Today I was sitting in my office looking for some ideas for a mission trip theme, when I stumbled across a Google image of a white woman who looked to be about my age with two African children. I immediately began to cry (partly because it's been a ridiculous couple of weeks and I am tired, and partly because the thought of bringing home our children from Ethiopia overwhelms my heart).

We are just about to finish our 8th month on the wait list, which is crazy. That means that we could get a call any day (even though they say it's going to be at least a year, I like to think that maybe God will surprise us in some way). It's unbelievable to think we have already waited 8 months. I keep thinking how crazy it is going to be when we get that call. That thought is overwhelming...

Last weekend we had the opportunity to set up a booth for our adoption at my parents' Fall Fest they had at church. We sold about 175 cake pops, a bunch of Ethiopian bracelets, book marks, and key chains my mom and I had made, snow cones and pizza (I know that's a random mix!). Between sales and donations, we made about $1100. A lot of people asked how we were doing with the financial end of the adoption. I told them, "Well, it is really good our wait was so long, because it gives us time to raise money!" So here is the update on that for all of you who are wondering too...

Our adoption is going to cost anywhere from $40,000-$50,000. We have paid about $16,000 so far, and the next payment will be a pretty good chunk of money. Between fundraisers and donations people have given, we have probably collected about $15,000. God has been incredibly good to us and people in our life have been extremely generous.

Every day I wake up, I find myself grateful for this journey. God has stretched us in so many ways, challenged us, and made us stronger as a couple. I am so grateful for that and wouldn't take any day of this waiting process away. These days we find ourselves praying for a few things and we hope you will pray with me too...

1. Pray that God will protect, love, and nurture our children wherever they may be tonight.

2. Pray that we would get our referral before Christmas. We know that is a stretch, but we also know we serve a God who is greater than the process! We want this to be his timing first and foremost, but pray it will come as soon as possible.

3. Pray that God will supply the remainder of our adoption costs as we continue to raise support through fundraisers.

4. Pray that God would continue to break our hearts with the things that break his. Pray we would choose to be a voice for the voiceless...wherever he may lead us to do so.

Thanks for journeying with us...we are forever grateful.

Comments

  1. Remember that night is darkest just before dawn. When you feel like you literally cannot do this anymore, God will intervene and save the day. That's just how he is. Your day will come and it will be SO worth the wait. I promise. Lean in to everything right now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...