Presence...


Last night was the first time I had been home at night in awhile. For those of you who don't know, I coach volleyball at a local high school (have been for the past 5 years), and it is a huge part of my life. On top of that, I find myself in a busy season of life with youth ministry. I woke up this morning and was journaling and began to think about some of the things in my life that I am overwhelmed with. I know I wrote a little bit about it last night, but the reality is, my life is going to drastically change when we get our call, and some days that scares me. It's a weird dynamic...we have waited a long time (6+ years) to have a family. Trust me, I am ready! On the flip side Nate and I have been married for 10 years, I am getting ready to turn 32 next week, and we have lived life by ourselves with the exception of Big Al living with us, a little 5 lb dog!

I was sitting praying for God to just bring peace and order to the chaos of my life and thanking him for his presence, when I opened up to read my devotion for the day. Here is a small excerpt:

"I am perpetually with you, taking care of you. That is the most important fact of your existence. I am not limited by time or space; My presence with you is a forever promise. You need not fear the future, for I am already there. Your future is in My hands; I release it to you day by day, moment by moment. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow. I want you to live this day abundantly, seeing all there is to see, doing all there is to do. Don't be distracted by future concerns. Leave them to me! I am training you to keep your focus on My Presence in the present..." From the book Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young.

Wow...all I have to say is thanks be to God, who knows the future and who is forever present with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...