A Grateful Mama...

Last year at this time, I only had a picture of the one who would change my life forever.  Last year at this time, I had no idea what it would be like to be a mother.  Last year at this time, I had no idea the deep, indescribable love that you could have for a child.  Last year at this time, I had no idea the amount of joy that could continue to spill out of the depths of you soul all because your child says the word, "mama."  Mother's Day has been a long time in coming for me, and I can say today, it was totally worth the wait.  I woke up this morning to find a balloon and a sign on Biruk's door that simply read, "Dear Mom."  A I opened up the door, there stood the sweetest sight in the world, my son (I still cannot believe I get to call him that), with this big toothy grin on his face.  Behind him were foam board signs that read, "I love you," "I love when you sing to me," and "Happy Mother's Day."  I completely lost it and realized it was going to have to be a glasses and no eye liner kind of day!

The day was simple, yet special.  Nate did everything he could to make sure that I felt loved, appreciated, and that I would remember my first Mother's Day forever.  We went to Sam's Club (yes...that was my first request...I am a sucker for samples!), took a long nap, hung out with my Mother-in-Law who is amazing, sat by the little blow up pool watching Biruk play for hours, hung out with the sweetest friends, made special deliveries for people who I love who I knew needed special love on this particular day, had an amazing dinner, ate far too many sweets, went for a run (to feel less guilty about the sweets), sang, prayed for and tucked my little boy into bed, and celebrated the fact that this year has been one of the biggest displays of God's faithfulness to date in our life.  It has been an incredible day.

Nate created this video for me for Mother's Day that made me an emotional mess this morning.  While it was meant to be a video from Biruk to me, it ultimately reflects our family's heart when it comes to our gratitude with God's grace in our story.  God has done so much in our lives and today is just one day to celebrate that truth.  And for that...this Mama is grateful.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...