When You Feel Less Than Beautiful...


As promised, throughout this advent season, I am going to post some of my favorite songs from the year that have really spoke to me. If you have ever dealt with infertility, you know that it is a constant battle to believe that God really has a plan for your life. When you want to have a baby...and can't seem to make that work...at times the reality is that you feel like something about you is wrong, that something is missing. While I believe with my whole heart that God walks every step of the way with us through our journey, there have been times when he has felt so distant. Somehow, in the midst of our pain, we begin to believe that we are worthless, that we don't have what it takes to be a mom (in the case of infertility) and the lies begin to outshine the truth that God has for us...that we were made for something, that we are treasured, that we are sacred, that we are His...we are beautiful. I have had a lot of days like that throughout the journey. I still have days like that. I was reminded one day in the car as I was driving to meet my parents, that God really loves me...he thinks I am beautiful...and he treasures me...even when I feel like he has forgotten me at times. I am so thankful for that reminder and hope that my story will encourage yours as you read this entry and watch the video. Praying that you would sense God's love for you!

Comments

  1. Funny. I sent this very video to my sister a few weeks ago, thinking it was perfect for her to view. However, after a "spiritual breakthrough" where I got to see some areas/wounds that are still present in my heart related to our miscarriages and infertility struggles, I "happen" upon your post with the same video. Not funny. Divine. I personalized the song this time! I got the message from our Loving Father! Thanks for posting this! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia