Nothing is Wasted...

There have been so many days the past several years of my life that I have found myself crying out to God, "What in the world our are you doing with our life?"  Dealing with infertility, as well as the adoption process, have probably been...no, they have been...the hardest times of my life.  As I posted earlier, I am still overwhelmed by God's goodness every time I think that we are finally in the chapter of our life that we have been waiting for, for what seems like forever.

As I type these words this morning, I am not just grateful that we have the most precious baby boy waiting for us in Ethiopia after a long journey.  I am grateful because God has chosen to take all the broken pieces of our hearts, all the painful days of our journey, all the days of questioning, all the loneliness, hurt and pain, and he has turned it into something amazingly beautiful.

I know that there are so many people in the world who are struggling with "waiting" for something.  Some are waiting as we have for their forever family.  Some are waiting for something to change in their home situation.  Some are waiting for sickness to be no more.  Some are waiting on their future.  Some are waiting for answers from God.  Some are waiting for God to just show up in a powerful way.

I am part of an Ethiopia Mama's group online, and someone posted this video.  I wanted to share it and remind you, God is still there.  He has not forgotten us.  He has not left us.  He is creating beauty out of our brokenness.  And NOTHING is wasted.


Comments

  1. Love you! Love that Baby B! Wow.
    Brings to mind Andrew Peterson's Just As I Am...

    Rejoice, rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! We are starting an adoption care ministry in Nicaragua and my brother (Joe Polek) shared your story with me. Congrats! Can't wait to hear when you are all united together once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post -- one that really complements Pastor Noah's sermon this past Sunday at BACON.

    Cheers,
    Sherri Cook Woosley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia