Cupcake Weekend Has Begun...


A few months ago, my mom and I became obsessed with cupcakes. I guess because it's the latest fad and they are so stinking good! When I say "we" became obsessed, I really should say my mom became "obsessed!" She had been talking awhile about wanting to do a cupcake fundraiser for our adoption, but while in Honduras, the idea seriously took off. She began trying out a gazillion different recipes and her imagination ran wild. A month later, here we are, making...1070 cupcakes! It is unreal!!! We have had incredible outpouring of support. If you know my mom, she never does anything half-heartedly. She has been baking for the past 7 days, about 7 dozen a day. When she arrived at my house, she quickly made a system (she loves having a system), where we would get each flavor from the car and begin to work on them. She moved the van several times, because she didn't want the cupcakes to thaw in the sun. I tried to help her understand that it was 14 degrees outside, literally, and I didn't think they would melt, but she has "the system!" I can't knock the system, because the cupcakes look so stinking awesome! She even made boxes that she hand decorated for each order. Last night, I made us matching aprons that have cupcakes on them, and it has been so fun to bake for 12 hours in them!!! My mom is crazy, but absolutely amazing. I hope to have some funny stories by the end of the weekend!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia