We Survived Making 1146 Cupcakes...


All I have to say is, "Our kids better love cupcakes!" Well, in case you hadn't heard, we officially survived the cupcake weekend extravaganza. My mom and I made and delivered 1146 cupcakes this weekend and it was a blast. I admit, I had my reservations, but the cupcakes were so stinking good (all because of my mom), and the weekend was incredibly fun. We definitely got slap happy several times, visited the chinese restaurant 3 times for take out in the course of 48 hours because we had to keep working, and we got a serious lack of sleep throughout the weekend. I think we stayed up until about 1:30am the first night and 2:30am the second night and finally finished around 3pm on Saturday. My mom was actually late to work and still had to frost a few cupcakes after she got off from work. The cupcakes were delivered in the cutest boxes, and everyone that received them were so appreciative and supportive. We have had many people ask when we are doing them again. I think if it were up to my mom, she would start tomorrow!

I was thinking on Valentines Day how much love we have felt from the people around us, and how that love will carry into the lives of our children when they get here. My mom expressed her love this weekend through busting out over 1100 cupcakes...all to bring our kids home. My mother-in-law sent us a package with home baked cookies that were amazing...all to remind us that we are loved and that she supports us 100%. A teenager this week sent me a letter saying that she was committing to praying for me and sending me encouraging verses throughout our waiting period (A TEENAGER!)...all to remind me that I am loved. Friends of ours gave up their Valentines Day Dinner this year and sent us the money to go towards our adoption...all to send their love to our kids that we haven't even met. My sister sent the cutest Roxy flip-flops and capris for one of our babies to be...to express love for her nieces/nephews whom she doesn't know but loves unconditionally already. The list could go on and God has reminded us...we are deeply loved and our kids will experience that kind of love too.

As Nate and I ate together on Valentines Day, I was reminded of the deep love that I have for him as my husband. I stop every day and wonder why he chose to marry me! He is my best friend, and has shown me what it means to love unconditionally. Some days I wonder about how we will do parenting, how our kids will transition into our world, what changes we will have to make...but this weekend, in the midst of A LOT of butter (like a gazillion lbs.), A LOT of frosting, and an absurd amount of cupcake boxes, I have been reminded those things will fall into place. What matters is that we are surrounded by family, friends, each other, and most importantly God, who have chosen to enter into our world and love on us...and I am pretty certain that love will be even greater for two little ones coming into our world. So thanks everyone...for reminding us of that this Valentines Day Weekend.

Comments

  1. First of all, I have to say that I had the great pleasure of eating some of those cupcakes! As soon as Aurielle came home with them, my family cut all of them up so we could all try a piece of all of them. Lol! And they were, of course, delicious--and so creative, too. You could tell how much time and thought you put into making each one special, so it was certainly a joy for us eaters, too! ;)

    Secondly, I think I can speak for just about everyone when I say that we are so excited to meet the new little ones. How exciting to see a dream becoming reality and to see all the love surrounding children no one has even met yet--it's incredible! And these children are going to be in such a blessed environment, with such loving parents and family (including our church family!) and friends and so on and so forth. I am so happy to see how much love and support you are receiving. I know it will continue the whole way through all the parenting trials and joys as well, with so many people there to love on those kids. And I don't think it would be hard to find a baby-sitter either! Lol.

    I know so many of us have been praying hardcore throughout this whole process and, as it comes closer and closer to the day those little ones will be coming HOME (!!!!), we are all so anxious and thrilled. Congratulations, Andrea and Nate! You are already proving you are phenomenal parents and I know you will be a great blessing to these kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faith is so amazing. I am keeping you both in my prayers during this whole process.
    ~Jen Austin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so awesome encouraging!! I love you and you're in my prayers. You are both wonderful examples of what it means to live out Christ's love. Psh... an "illuminater" of the world if I ever saw one... Keep it up! This reminds me of my favorite quote.. "Hold on to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." Good ol' Langston Hughes would be so proud of you both!:D Kbye!

    Love,
    Your secret admirer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia