Thankfulness Day Three...


Tonight we had a play-off game for volleyball that we won. It was great night watching our girls come together and shine. Before the game started, I had a chance to introduce myself to the two coaches as they walked into our gym. The head coach was a young girl in her late 30's and the assistant was an older gentleman. They had just had 4 girls on their team, who happened to be starters, decide at the last minute they were not going to attend the play-off game because they wanted to go to the school pep rally. I imagine as coaches that was extremely devastating the day of the first play-off game of post season. I asked them if they had been coaching long, and they said off and on and then they told me..."they were a father daughter duo!" I don't know why, but that about made my heart melt! How cool is it to coach with your Dad and have someone to lean on during times of disappointment and defeat.

That's when I realized I do have that! So, tonight I am thankful that my Dad is my mentor when it comes to ministry and life, walking every step of the way with me, helping to pick me up when I am disappointed, reminding me what really matters in life, and celebrating the high points along the way. Ministry can be hard work (just like coaching...although ministry seems a lot harder to me!), and it means the world that I have my Dad along side of me in this journey. While we don't serve at the same church, he is only a phone call away, and has been there for me during so many of the biggest moments of my youth minstry journey. I admire and aspire to have his compassion, his drive to see people come to know Christ, and his heart to reach out to the broken. Thanks Dad for doing life with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...