Thankfulness Day Two...


Today I am thankful when we catch glimpses of God's work in youth ministry. Tonight at youth group we kicked off a new small group ministry. I had worked really hard to get everything ready, recruited leaders, and contacted teens to be there. While the turnout wasn't as large as I had hoped, I still felt encouraged. I felt encouraged as I watched a brand new 20 something youth worker say, "I LOVE MY SMALL GROUP (believe me, that's a big deal when you are leading a junior high group!)" I watched as her co-leader, who just recently graduated from our youth ministry, nodded in agreement, and I secretly cheered "Yes," feeling like one of our teens made it! I listened as another leader shared how one teen in her group thanked God for the small size group, because it gave them a chance to reach out to more people. It's not all that often that you see tangible fruit in a youth ministry and it is far too easy to focus on what's didn't happen. Tonight, I am thankful for those little glimpses that serve as reminders that God never stops working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...