Funerals, Kidneys and Other Fundraising Ideas!

So we have our first $150.00 donation towards our adoption process! My Dad decided to give us money that he got for doing a funeral (He's a Pastor just like me). This whole "gift" sparked a conversation we had as a family on fund raising, seeing that our little child will cost us somewhere in the ballpark figure of $30,000. Along with more funerals, my older sister suggested that we each sell a kidney! I just wonder what would happened if our whole family sold kidneys and then we needed one!!! It was kind of one of those moments where you had to be there, but we were laughing pretty hard that day as a family.

It is pretty cool how this adoption process has brought our family focused on one goal...bringing home this little infant that we have never met. We have gotten so excited. My older sister Heather wants to sell Ethiopian bracelets and chocolate covered Oreos. My younger sister Kristen called from Boston the other day to tell me she is going to have several yard sales this summer and is giving us all the proceeds towards our adoption. And just the other day, my mom called (totally excited), about the possibility of doing a Ladies Tea as a fundraiser.

So, since I have this new blog, and I am loving it by the way, I thought I would share that today Nate and I are thankful for funerals, kindneys, and other fund raising ideas, but most importantly, for an incredibly supportive family!

Comments

  1. Mom called this morning to tell me about your blog. I love it! and you know I'm already in tears!! :) I don't know if I will be timely to read every post, but I'm really excited to hear how things are going along the way.

    My thinking cap has been focused on fundraising ideas for the school PTO, so I'll shift the focus a little and share the brainstorming. Can't wait to get my bracelet to use as a conversation starter. You know I got dad's gift to talk to just about anybody given the right opportunity!

    I love you, both! Talk soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys! Found your blog through another blog. We too are adopting from Ethiopia -- are 3 months into the wait list. Look forward to following you in your journey, as well. For fundraisers -- we are having our first Yard Sale Fundraiser next weekend. We are also selling Texas Roadhouse Peanuts -- not sure if there is one near you. Anyway, you can check out out blog for details, if you want. Best wishes in your journey! www.baxterfamilyfive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I love the blogging world because I've met the Baxter's through another blog, too. You'll be amazed at how small the Ethiopian adoption world is. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia