God's is Always At Work...Don't Give Up

I've been thinking a lot about the time Nate and I have invested in students this week. I guess it's because I am preparing for the graduation banquet for next week and have spent countless hours reminiscing as I have looked through youth group pictures from the past 6 years. It's crazy to see how many students have come and gone through our youth group. I feel incredibly privileged to be a small part of their life. Often I wonder as youth pastor if I am making a difference, especially when kids "fall off the face of the earth." I find myself questioning whether what I do is really worth it, and if all the time and energy I pour into kids really makes a difference, especially when you can't always see the results.

This week I had the privilege of hanging out with several students who have graduated from our youth group and are now in college. It was awesome to listen to the way their lives have changed. I was so impressed with who they have become and was reminded this week that no matter what we think...God is always at work. Our job is just to be faithful. I don't have to be the perfect youth pastor, I don't have to have all the answers, and I don't even have to see all the results. I just have to be faithful and trust that God is working. It's all about having faith that God never gives up on us and is always working.

I think my journey of infertility has been one of having faith that God is always working and doing something in my life. Even on the days when it feels like He's distant, He never stops working. He is a faithful God and never gives up on us. His plan always prevails, and it always perfect.

My younger sister, Kristen, has been a serious prayer warrior for me over the past several years. She sent me a message that said this the other day, "Ang, I just wanted you to know I have been praying for you, every time I look at my bracelet I am reminded to pray. I was reading in the Bible today Galatians 3, and how it talks about how Abraham believed in God and his promises, although they weren't fully evident until much later on the cross. This just reminded me that we must have faith and believe in God's promises fully, even when we can't see that far into the future. Just wanted to send you some encouragement! Love ya."

While we may not always see it, or understand it, GOD IS ALWAYS AT WORK! Thanks Kris, Ashley and Heather for reminding me of that this week.

Comments

  1. WOW! Not sure how I ended up on your blog.....but super glad I did! It must be a God thing! :o)

    My name is Debbie and my husband, Jeff, and I have struggled with infertility and have had to endure three miscarriages. OUCH!!! Talk about trying to understand where God is in all of that!

    Needless to say, we have had to really lean into God through all of this, and thankfully, He covers us with His mercy and grace on our days of doubt, unbelief and confusion! :o)

    God has really MOVED in our hearts as well, as He has shown us that adoption is not a "Plan B" for our family, but "Plan A!" We have been so blessed by this journey already! We now see that we easily could have missed out on this amazing blessing had we not struggled with fertility issues.

    Anyway, I just wanted to share our similar stories. God even put "God Found Us YOU" in my lap and it moved me to tears.....I got choked up on your post of a similar experience!

    Just couldn't help but say hello. I would love to go through our journeys together, as God unites us with our children from ET! We are requesting a little boy 0 to 6 mos! We have completed our homestudy and are awaiting on USCIS to give us our I-171H form so that we can send our Dossier to Ethiopia! Our blog is
    www.marquezfamilyjourney.blogspot.com

    Come visit anytime! May you feel God holding your hand throughout this journey!

    God's blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia