Mother's Day

I'm not going to lie, the past few Mother's Days have been really hard. It's not fun to be reminded that you aren't yet a Mom, when that's the one thing you want so bad. While this Mother's Day was still hard, there seemed to be a different sense of hope. I could actually imagine what it will be like to be a Mom, now that I know that there is a little child in Ethiopia that is waiting for a family, and that is amazing!

One of the teens in my youth group sent me this text on Mother's Day: "Happy Mother's Day even though you don't have a little one yet. Your the mother of our youth group and I hope today is the best day for you!" She reminded me that we (as women) are all mothers to someone. So, whether you are waiting for a baby like me, or don't have children at all, know that your life is celebrated this Mother's Day too and you are making a difference in someone's life!

Comments

  1. hey andrea...we are so excited for you, we went stateside for the adoption, but can resonate with those feelings, all too well. looking forward to watching your journey unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea and Nate,
    We are SO happy for you. God's timing and His plan are perfect. Scott and I have great friends at church who went through all of the same fertility procedures then chose adoption from China. They waited over three years and she went through breast cancer treatment during this time and had some really dark days. Nine months ago, they picked up Celia who is beautiful, smart, full of personality, and perfect! She'll be two this September and they couldn't have asked for a more precious child! ....and you already know I have two wonderful adopted nephews who are also perfect!!! God has great things in store for you!! Thanks for starting the blog so we can pray with you the entire way!!!

    Jedonne and Scott

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

Thin Spaces...The Sights and Sounds of Ethiopia